the account of my journey from being a college student to youth pastor... and beyond

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Paternal Visit

My Dad called this afternoon and said he would like to come visit. Rather short notice, but I (we) will not turn our parents away. I know that I'm about all my dad has; besides his three grandchildren. I hope everything's ok, I thought he had a steady job, but I guess he got some time off to go visit his mom. I'm glad I'm taking Crisis Counseling, I feel like I've not only learned about myself and how I've not handled crisis the best way, but also in helping counsel people through their own crises. My dad really is going through a crisis and I hope that I can help him. I don't expect my words to be life changing, but I know that just being a loving listener is something that he doesn't even have. "Lord, I pray that you would be more real to my dad than ever before. I know he's made an effort in his relationship with You and has grown closer to You, but he really needs You right now. Please protect him as he travels. Protect him on the road and in his mind as he tries to sort through things. Please give him hope for a brighter tomorrow. I ask all these things in Jesus' name."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home