the account of my journey from being a college student to youth pastor... and beyond

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Christmas Party & 2 weeks left

Today was my school's Christmas party for the children of married students. It was a good time, but it made for a long day. We are all wasted!

Eli got a 1,000 piece Lego bucket and Sarah got a little vacuume cleaner. There were also smaller prizes that they got and Eli's name was drawn to win one of 20 big stuffed Pooh bears.

In two weeks we will be in our new ministry position! I feel excited and nervous at the same time. I am a perfectionist, so I want my first Sunday leading worship to be perfect and I'm afraid that I will be discouraged when my expectations are unmet. So I must simply refuse to feel down no matter how the music sounds. I'm also nervous about youth group; my first meeting with the students is Monday the 19th, so there's no time to get ready - I just have to be ready! I don't know what I'm going to speak on and I have no clear idea what to expect that night. What's the youth worship like? Do they do youth worship? Are the kids roudy? Uggh, I hate new situations, but it will be ok. I'm really thankful for the Senior Pastor I will be working with/for. We've mostly communicated via email, but I can tell that he and the entire church are going to take care of us.

Well, that's enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home